Whether you are working as an intern, working as a volunteer, or having a relaxing time, here are hot tips to improve self-development for your career plans.
1. There is no easy road to learning English, and only practice will enhance your skills. Use a variety of materials such as movies, social media, or books to improve your English proficiency based on your learning style. The INTLconnect website has good tips for you.
2. Trim your LinkedIn page:Post your professional photo, and write a unique and concise summary such as your elevator pitch.
3. Have career talks with friends and family: Friends and family are great networks to be able to give you critical advice.
4. Visit a local firm’s headquarters: If you visit another city or come back to your country, make a tour of local companies in that area.
5. Do an informational interview: Find out some people who are still working in your interested field. Try to contact professionals for an informational interview.